Thursday 14 July 2011

Smalls and mess

Cakes all done. I thought it would be a good idea to get the kids to help decorate them seeing as they were for their various parties, school etc.

Here they are getting stuck in.....



Definitely 'Not' eating any of the decorations........

Still decorating, well there are a lot of them ............






Small looking longingly at his cakes for school sale



Smallest checking out his cakes for his playgroup party.


Then they ran away and played while I cleared up all the mess - and boy was there a mess!!

Ummmm - I ate a few of the cakes too.  Yum.

 

Chook Delivery



All chickens are now safely in their new homes.  I hope they are happy there.    Just in case you haven't seen enough of the chickens in their various poses (Chooks) - here are some more.


4 little chickens sitting in a tree ................



Tell it like it is - stop sitting on the fence



Is this a good nesting place?

That's it - I promise no more chickens for a while.  Got three minions to knit.  Still not finished Mum's cardigan.  Friends cake and Cinderella Cake to make.  Felt Cup Cakes to make, knitted cup cakes to knit - looking for a good pattern if anyone has got one they can share.

Thanks for all your comments - its so much fun reading them.











9 comments:

Annie said...

I have happy memories of doing the same with my 3. Thanks for sharing. Check out Ravelry for knitted cup cake patterns. There are several free patterns on there.
A x

Rika said...

Your knitted chicks are lovely!

angelfish said...

I don't think I have visited you before. I try to get round as many desks as I can each week, but there are always some that get missed.
I'm loving the chooks and the cupcake making with the smalls:)Little Cotton Rabbits has a very sweet cupcake pattern, it's not free, but available in her Etsy shop.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/61729400/knitting-pattern-for-a-cupcake

Di said...

Hiya! Great chooks and the cupcakes look yummy - and if you want me to link you to the ProMarkers candy draw just let me know by leaving another comment, although you should be able to link - it doesn't alway play ball:( I can use my own URL and your name so you stand as much chance as anyone else chick (oops, no pun intended!) Di xx

Belinda Basson said...

love whats on your desk! I am a cupcake fiend! You will always find me at the kids table at parties...Thanks for visiting my desk all the way over in South Africa. Yes there are times when all I do is sit and stare and hope that inspiration hits me...

Bugged Designs said...

ooooooo those cakes look yummy! thanks for stopping by my blog

Anne said...

OOOOOOOOOO a great "bun " feast and love the knitted chooks
Anne x

my4lilgirls said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
Amazing chooks, they really are incredibly cute, luv them :)
Karen

Lunch Lady Jan said...

LOLOL - first it was the chickens that made me hoot out loud, now it's the spare minion arm story. I really like your offbeat sense of humour!!! :D Your lads did really well not to scoff those cakes - tell 'em well done from me :) xx