Thursday 13 October 2011

Proper WOYWW #123 - LANDED

Now this is ACTUALLY a picture of me chocheting on the Aeroplane.  (Can you see the overhead lockers?)  HONESTLY,  I am under that mass of blanket. 


I managed to to do one round on the way there (took about 2 hours - but I was watching a film aswell) and one and a half rounds on the way back (that took about five hours - not really but it felt like ages!).

While I was in Canada I took a few pics.



This was the window of a really lovely looking knitting shop - it was closed unfortunately - but they were backing the pink ribbon Breast Cancer Care and the pink knitted things are breasts - how cute.


I picked these free kntting patterns up in Walmart and had to buy some wool to go with them - of course.



And these little beauties I found in a Thrifty shop - aren't they just adorable.  I thought I could use them to sew onto things I make for my boys.  75cents - that's all.



We went to Jack Astors for a bite to eat and on each table was a length of brown paper and a tub of pencils - so we did a bit of drawing.  This was supposed to be a Manga drawing but it went a bit wrong.  I even shamedly advertised my blog on there by writing it all over the tablecloth.  WHAT FUN.



This is the shop I have been dreaminig about owning (or renting) when we move.  Don't know what will be in it?  A coffee shop, a crafting shop, a cake shop - or maybe all three.

11 comments:

Annie said...

Love the crochetting and the knitted boobs are just brilliant though mine may need more wool than that hehehe.
Hugs,
A x

famfa said...

Yeah I need a bit more wool for mine too, he he

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think it should be a craft shop with a cafe attached - and do you need an assistant??? Knitted boobs are fantastic :)
Hugs, LLJ xx

Angie said...

Definately a craft shop with a coffee shop attached, selling homemade cakes and cookies.... with staff in both, that are knowlegable about crafting ....so could you do with two assistants lol ...I can make cakes too. xx

Clare said...

Ooooh that shop has craft workshop/cafe written all over it. Can I came to Canada too and work there with you. Promise I'd be no trouble and work hard?????

Jumbleberries xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wow it all sounds so exciting, it looks like you had a great time. Your blanket looks amazing and what a great idea to do it on the plane. Let's face it, there's nothing better to do!
Good luck with your dream.
Katie xx

Elizabeth said...

Definitely a combo of all three - my idea of heaven is to go to a crafting shop, browse, then go have a latte & cake while I deliberate over what to spend my hard-earned on :) Love the shots taken on your visit - knitted boobs, whatever next! Your blanket must be getting quite heavy to tote around with you. Have a good weekend. Elizabeth x #53

Annaboo's House said...

You are one determined lady to crochet through a flight- good idea!
Love the idea of a coffee/craft/cake shop. Sounds brill.
Have a lovely weekend.
PS giveaway at mine if you fancy it.
Xx

fairyrocks said...

Great job on the crochet.
Love that little store front and I like the idea of coffee a snack and crafting.
I met a wonderful lady last year and helped with a BC fundraiser. She actually took bras and knitted as well as donate boobs to help the ladies in Mexico. The women in remote rural areas have very little after care. I felt very happy to have been a part of the event.
Okay thanks for reading that book. and for stopping by

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo well done! I'm surprised they let you take the crochet needle on the flight! I like the sound of your shop - craft, cake, coffee! Perfect! Kim

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Oh I'll bet that was hard work, hope no one was sitting next to you!!! no elbow room!!
Great idea though, was the crotchet hook plastic?