Wednesday 30 November 2011

WOYWW #129 Scarf, Phone Coat & Dinosaurs - raaaaaaa


This week I do have a desk (well table but it's getting better).  and on my table is...............


My stack of Air Mail envelopes ready to send some more letters back home.  My address book and pen.  A glass of water, thirsty work this blogging!  Some lovely old wool I found in Value Village - it looks really old and I don't want to use it yet cos it looks so nice all wrapped up.

"how to draw dinosaur" book, which we bought for Small and I am helping him to draw them.  It's really cool.  I never knew I could draw a Stegasaurus so well!  Small is loving drawing them too.

... And last but not least, my real craft this week.  My crocheted scarf for Smallest for Christmas.  It's coming along a great.  Crochet is so much quicker than knitting.  It's so snugly warm too.  Also I am attempting to knit myself a phone cover as I asked for one for Christmas but need something in the interim to keep it warm - hey it's cold here!!

Hop on over to Julia's to see what else is going on in the crazy world of 
What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday.

Http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com


P.S.  thank you to Brenda for adding me on MrLinky
PPS Thank you to all who have left such lovely supportive comments on this and my other blog http://Jam2MapleSyrup.blogspot.com - it has been a Challenging time for me and my family and your comments and support are much appreciated.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Think my son had that book....happy memories of hours of fun here :-)
Hugs,
A x

Anonymous said...

Good old fashioned letter writing, bet the post office will be pleased! Scarf looks like it's nearly finished too and great dinosaur drawings too.

Hugs
Brenda

Sunshine Girl said...

Fantastic artwork - well done to both of you! I am just learning to crochet its not going very well! Enjoy writing your letters too - I love handwriting letters when I can! Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 4

Julia Dunnit said...

How did I miss that you were blogging the huge move n another blog? Doh!! Good for you for drinking water...discipline. Love the apatosaurus..and the writing!!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So glad that you're finding your feet over there! Lovely plum and teal coloured wool there. Is crochet really quicker then knitting? I've never tried crochet and always assumed it was quite painstaking. How wrong was I?! I really must have a go one of these days when I've got nothing else to do, lol!!
Hugs, LLJ #39 xx

Neil said...

Hi there and thanks for the peek into your creative zone. It looks like there is loads going on so thanks for sharing. Hope you have a brilliant week and have plenty of creative time!
Neil #23

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm no sewing machine expert - for that, you need JoZarty. She used to work for Janome and really knows her stuff.
I wish I'd spent more a couple of years ago then I wouldn't have bought twice. So spend what you can afford, don't get a machine that's too complex for your needs.
I didn't buy a computerised one because I know I wouldn't use half the stuff that's on there.
Having used both Toyota and Janome, the Janome is far superior in general construction, quietness in use, just solid and excellent quality. But I needed that for the amount of sewing I'm doing at the moment. If it's for casual use, you may want to buy a more economical one.
I probably haven't helped at all here!! Hope you have fun when you do eventually buy one :)
Hugs,
Jan xxxx

Shoshi said...

Crochet and dinosaurs! What a wonderful combination. You'd only find that on WOYWW lol lol!!! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #61

Annaboo's House said...

Stegasaurus was always my favourite dinosaur!! Yours is amazing!
Loving the scarf too.
Can you let me have your address- I'm going to try to post you your win asap!!!
Xx