Saturday 21 January 2012

Finished on a Friday (but posted on a Saturday)

 Well I finished the tea cosy and I have to say I am quite pleased with him.
I can't take all the credit because Moo knitted him in the first place and then passed it to me to finish it.
So I sewed the body together adding wadding in between the two layers.
 But Small thought it would make a good hat!
Then I sewed the head together and stuffed it.  Sewed on a couple of buttons and sewed a mouth.  
Added his hair and sewed on his ears.
Sewed his head to his body.
I thought he might be too big for the tea pot but he fits just nicely.

His name is Baaaaarnaby

 ....and here he is sitting with us while we have our tea.  I know I shouldn't be surprised, but he actually really does keep the tea pot warm.. And I don't mean just a little bit.  The handle was so warm I had to use oven gloves to pour the tea and it's a pot one so it doesn't normally get hot!
He is lovely and we love him and he is staying with us.  Thanks Moo for knitting him.  now the kids want me to knit the egg cosies that go with him!!!  Ummmmmm we'll see.

4 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Love Barnaby...LOL You should add him to the Monthly Make-It Flickr group for January. Have you started you handbag yet? I was looking for inspiration for mine on google today:)

famfa said...

Thanks Mary Ann. I have added him to monthly make it now.

famfa said...

Thanks Mary Ann. I have added him to monthly make it now.

marina said...

he is great