Wednesday 4 January 2012

Woyww #134 - 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

 Am a bit late today, but here it is anyway..........

It's a it of a mess but here goes :

Bag of wool - I have just finished knitting a scarf for Small.  A magazine box with papers in.  A tin of buttons.  Some porcelain paint - every year for Christmas we decorate plates, or mugs and give them as presents but this year due to us relocating, we never got chance to do it.  My Cath Kidston Craft bag that my lovely friends bought me before I left.  A drawing I did of my old Kitchen Table (which is now my craft table).  Mollie Makes Magazine that Moo bought in the UK and brought over for me and I haven't even peeked at it yet.  Am waiting for that special time when there is no one around and it is quiet - pah, chance will be a fine thing.

Some material left over from Small's curtains that Moo and I finished yesterday.


My picture "everything will be amazing" which was handmade by my super friend Jumbleberries and given to me as a leaving present.  My Stanley Dog that I made last year in the Felt Fairy's monthly makes.  Talking of which I have joined it again this year and won a giveaway again already.  What a lucky girl I am.  I won some bag handles.  Ahhhh I guess I have to make a bag now.  Now that could be a tricky for me.  Can you make one using Sticthery Witchery?  Or should I be telling my Huffle that I HAVE TO HAVE a sewing machine now!

...and somewhere on there, not sure if you can see it or not, is a nearly knitted sheep tea cosy which Moo started to knit ages ago but never finished.  She has given it to me to finish - I think it just needs an extra leg or ear and some sewing up.  Look forward to showing you.  Also I still need to sew on the pompom for the new DotDot baby.

That's about it on my desk this week.  Probably a lot of rubbish.  But that IS how my desk looks.  No setting up, no tidying to make it look better, I'm afraid it does just look like that!

Go look at some more desks here via Julia at Stamping Ground



9 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I won some handles too...Huffle must buy you a sewing machine:)

Katie said...

Sewing machines are wonderful to have :) Thanks for sharing your workspace!

Katie (138)

Mynn xx said...

Wow! Awesome curtains--and I want a sewing machine as well! :)

Anonymous said...

Sewing machines are good, we have one but I haven't a clue how to use it. My Hubby uses it on occasion!! He made most of the curtains in our house too! Lovely busy desk, and talking of curtains, Small's are fab! Very funky!

Hugs
Brenda 76

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh a candid desk is the best type for sure! Didn't the curtains come out well...the leftover would make a good bag - if only you had some handles!! Love the picture from Jumbleberries, says it all, huh! And yeah, I think it's time for a sewing machine!!

Anne said...

Hi there I think your desk looks great- so many interesting things to mooch through. Always photograph my desk as it was left on Tuesday eve. Love the curtains. Wishing you a very Happy New Year. Anne x

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I have two sewing machines, both inherited from my mother, one of which is an old electric Singer she had as her 21st birthday present. It is fantastic, solid, basic but generally reliable. Your desk looks so busy and fun. I would love to play. Maggie #72

Anonymous said...

There must be some sort of saying, like, a messy table is a happy table or something? :) How boring would it be if it was just clear and clean?

CottonSocks said...

I'm intrigued - what is stitchery witchery? - I would love to know if there is an easy way to sew. Reading your blog is as ever inspiring and am loving the idea of a sheep tea cosy. CherylD x