Monday 6 February 2012

Meet Me On a Monday #6/12

MMOM as hosted by the lovely Claire over at Jumbleberries.

So what am I doing and what have I done?  I'll tell you....................

 

Watching my first game of Ice Hockey with my family.

 

Preparing for our next visitor to our new home.  HB is coming on Saturday and the boys are very excited.

Knitting a bag!  I am following a pattern but I cannot quite visualise it.  It's a very slow pattern but I love the colours.  This is for my February Monthly Make (please let me finish it for February).

Having my hair cut.   Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh.  I can't remember when I last had it cut.  I am also hoping I will be able to buy some hair straighteners as I haven't been able to straighten my hair since I came here mid November. arrrrggggghhhhhhh.

Baking another Cinamon Raisin Bread as I had a disaster with it last time.  Also planning to bake some scones as I found a foolproof recipe - I shouldn't say that but I've made them several times before and they were so easy and so amazing.

Remembering how much fun we had at the Winter Carnival at the weekend.

 Proud that Smallest won first prize for his colouring.

Enjoying seeing all the photos friends and family are sending us of the snow in the UK, while we are enjoying a fairly mild Winter here in Canada.

Playing several online games with my friends - we can play and chat and they last for days.

Watching Cake Boss and seeing who the next great baker is.

Listening to Gotye.  OMG, I've been hearing this song on Radio 1 over and over again and each time I miss who it is.  This morning I heard it on the radio and used Sound Hound to see who it was.  The new album comes out next week.  It is on my "I need this" list.

Hosting a giveaway (open till 20 February).  This is a great thing to enter.  Especially if you make your own stuff.  I will draw three people randomly to receive handmade gifts from me and then the winners host their own giveaways and it goes on and on and on.  Please enter - you know you want to.  I received some adorable gifts from Annaboo's House.  

 

2 comments:

Harborough Dad said...

Thanks for joining in with MMOM, great post - I've added you to Mr Linky.

I've been baking this morning, but forgot the Victoria Sponge was in the oven coz I was too busy blog-reading and I burnt it - doh!

Have a productive week.

Jumbleberries xx

Debbie said...

Ooh, you've had lots going on! I love the Gotye song too, the album'll be great. I would be suffering extreme hair-straightener withdrawal if I'd been without mine since November - you should get a medal!

Debbie x