Tuesday 12 June 2012

WOYWW #158 - a wig, stuffed sock and Manga

Hello woyww'ers. It is that time again where we show our desks. I had a bit of a tidy up. Good job you can't see the floor or the chair or the shelves or the boxes!

I know this is supposed to be a short post with one picture of my desk but I got carried away (as usual), so if all you want is a desk picture. Stop after this one, although the other pictures are only close ups of things on the desk (no excuses!).

On my desk today is my Doll, still without hair or dress but I am in the middle of making her wig. (funny, I once had a job as a receptionist in a Hair and Beauty clinic and they made wigs and weaves - never thought I'd making one all these years later!). I am finding it very therapeutic pulling strands of wool through a skull cap!

I made her hair too long but I am thinking I will make long bunches. I am still following Annaboo's CAL tutorial although I am a week behind now. I have finished her main hair and am now crocheting her middle parting.

Small's sock is half done. He has a body although I sewed it upside down so it has a big bottom. I'm sure it will be fine in the end.

 

I have been drawing from my Manga book again. I find drawing very calming. I got the 'how to' books out for one of Small's friends last week and thought I would have a go myself.

 

The middle one's mouth is the wrong angle. The one of the left's eyes are too close together and the girl on the end is too long, but I enjoyed doing them. What can I do with them now?

I have also been 'Zentangling' again. Lots of calming crafts this week.

I liked the BUSY and I like some elements of the Butterfingers but I rushed it a bit. I know the idea is when you start one of these that you don't know what it will look like but I had imagined it might look different. However, it calmed me, I enjoyed doing it and I learnt a few different techniques whilst I was doing it.

This week I was lucky enough to be sent a gift from the lovely Lunch Lady Jan. Some beautiful bunting.

I love it. Thank you LLJ. Am now thinking what I can make and send for you. X

Time to pop on over to see the other desks and what is on them. See you soon.

 

14 comments:

Annie said...

You seem to have so many crafts on the go all at once. I'm a bit of a butterfly like that too and like to flit from one thing to another. :-)
Hugs,
A x #38

Brenda B said...

You're way to harsh on yourself, both the manga drawings and the zentangling are fantastic, and I love Jan's bunting too, I received some before Christmas last year and I loved hanging it up by the tree. You're number 108.

Hugs
Brenda

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Dearest Famfa, please don't feel obliged to make anything in return - I'm just happy that you like it and that some of my stuff is now in Canada!!!
I love all the things you are crafting - I've just had some Inktense pencils and a Zentangle book delivered to me. Oooh goody, I'm really looking forward to playing nicely!
Hugs, LLJ #1 xx
PS There's nowt wrong with big bottoms tell Sock Monkey!!

Laura said...

Great zentangling!
Laura 78

Twiglet said...

A lovely crafty post - the zentangle is amazing! x Jo

Darnell said...

You are SOOOO creative. How blessed to have so many different talents and be able to switch back and forth from one to another, doing whatever calms you the most at that moment. And you are very good at ALL of them! I'm not very good at jumping from project to project, so I envy that, but I am very good at doing what clams me, I mean what calms me. It's almost impossible to clam me!! Have a wonderful week! Darnell 129

Debbie said...

All your projects look fab, it's great that you can turn your hand to so many different crafts!

Debbie x

Clare said...

You have had a busy creative week! Love the zentangles - really, really good.

Jumbleberries xx

BumbleVee said...

mine doesn't show my desk either today... and besides I'm even a day late ....sigh...oh, will.... that's the way it goes hey? hahahhah.....

Hazel said...

Fab crafting - particularly love the zentangle - thanks for sharing - Hazel WOYWW #82 x

Julia Dunnit said...

Bunting looks so cheerful strung across like that! LOVE the knitty doll, her hair is wildly fab. Don't tame it too much! And a big bottom - all the better to sit on, I say!!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

So many wonderful things on your workdesk! I love Zentangles and yours is great! Wishing you a good weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

sandra de said...

You have been super busy and I love the bunting.
Sandra @85

Queen Lightwell said...

The bunting looks awesome! Now I'm thinking I need some decking my halls... :) And also the zentangle is really cool. I don't know much about that art form but what you have done looks like it took a lot of talent and time and since you did it that would make you talented, yes? I get a little tongue-tied at times... :)
Deeyll #160