Thursday 24 October 2013

Crackle Cookies MkII

Now I don't normally make the same thing straight after learning a new recipe, but the kids love these and I have a couple of people wanting to try it for themselves. So I decided to make it better. Up to you which one you try but I have it on good authority (the boys) that these are "way better".

The recipe:-

1 cup all purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt - mix together in a bowl. Add 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (I rubbed this in like breadcrumbs but it may be better to use melted butter!?). Mix in 3 large eggs until a stodgy dough (quite hard work) and add a cup of chocolate chips (I used milk and white)

Put oven on 375*F and chill mixture for 15 minutes.

Cover your hands in icing Sugar and put some in a bowl

Use a teaspoon and make a ball (walnut sized) and drop into the icing sugar and roll around till completely covered (this reminded me of truffles). I made about six, dropped them in and whirled the bowl till covered. Put the balls on a baking tray greased or with baking parchment about 2" apart.

I made 30.

Bake for 10 mins.

Leave to cool before touching as they are quite delicate. Once you can move them put them on a cooling rack and try not to eat them till cool.

I have to say the mixture is lovely to eat (possibly if you don't eat the mixture you may get more cookies than I I did ha!). The cookies straight out of the oven are lovely to eat too.

Once again, let me know if you try them and especially which recipe you chose. ENJOY xxx

 

No comments: