Friday 31 January 2014

In which a Monkey Hat gets finished

Finally...........

While my Mum was here over at Christmas, she started to knit a Monkey Hat.  Originally I wanted to make these to sell but this project proved a long and arduous task so back to the drawing board.

After I sewed it all together and tried it on Huffle's BIG head I realised it needed a mouth.....


once the mouth was sewn on, I realised it needed an I-Cord (thank goodness for YouTube) to finish it off......

I-cords and ties done, ends sewn in, I tried it on Smallest's head (whom it was intended for)....


I think they both look very cute.

This won't be something I will be making too many of as it seemed very fiddly and very time consuming.  I am now trying to create a new crochet pattern instead - possibly a little less trickier and a bit quicker.

For now, however, Smallest has a new Monkey Hat.  Thanks Moo for your help x

edit:  today I am linking up with Annie for this week's smiles as she said this post made her smile.



5 comments:

Annie said...

Aw I love it. Why not link it to my smiley post this week cos it certainly made me smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This one definitely made ME smile, too. What fun photos of the progress of this hat. I can see why it would take a long time to make. Guess that's why the original sock monkeys were made from socks, rather than knitting. I agree with Annie. This is one you can truly smile about.

mamapez5 said...

This is great. What a lot of work you put into it, but the result was definitely worth it. It made me smile too. Kate x

Caro said...

Such a cutie with a gorgeous hat. Wonderful smile full of love. Thanks for sharing. Caro xx

Laura said...

Super cute!
Thank you for the smile :)
Laura
x